Santorini Villas Rental Greece - Santorini Holiday Villa for Rent, Villa Ilios & Selene Private Villa in Santorini (Megalochori)
Villa Ilios & Selene is ideally situated 300m above the sea on the cliffs edge in the peaceful village of Imerovigli. A short walk from the central parking area in the village square will lead you to the entrance of this smooth-edged architecturally restored "Canava". The Villa has a stylish Mediterranean feel and is classified as a traditional Santorini 'yposkafa' dwelling. Guests can enjoy uninterrupted views of the Caldera, Nea Kameni, Thirasia, and Akrotiri from either of the two large verandahs. The house affords two separate living areas - joined together by exterior stairs - and is perfect for a romantic get-away or a holiday with a small group of friends, providing the perfect base from which to explore the nearby tourist attractions on the island. Villa Ilios & Selene is rented as a whole, in order to offer our guests the most privacy.
There are many superlatives that could be used to describe the island settlement of Imerovigli. For the sake of simplicity, one can remain at romance, view and peace as the three words which most accurately describe the breathtaking village of Imerovigli.
There really is nothing quite like it in the world. The view and natural beauty are simply spectacular, as it is a place where bare red and black earth meets the deep blue waters of the Aegean. The stark beauty of the caldera is truly awe inspiring. The contrasting colours, depth and the sheer size of the Caldera are phenomenal.
This linear settlement of Imerovigli located on the highest point, 300 metres above the famous Caldera, is known to have been inhabited as early as the mid 16th century. The name "Imerovigli" dates back to the pirate occupation and means "day observation post".Its castle Skaros guarded the western entrance to the island from attacks and was never defeated during its 600 years of existence since 1207, when the Venetian leader, Marko Sanouthos, conquered the island. It was at this point that Thira became known as Santorini (Santa Irene).
Open-plan dining and living area, affording a wonderful entertainment area
- 2 Bedroom - accommodation up to 4 guests
- Main Bedroom: Double Bed
- 2nd Bedroom: Double Bed
- 2 Bathrooms
- Main Bedroom: En-suite with shower only
- 2nd Bedroom: En-suite wet room
- Well equipped galley kitchen
- Compact kitchenette and dining area
- Kitchen equipped with 4 plate oven top, fridge, coffee maker & kettle, crockery & cutlery, pots & pans
- Outside Jacuzzi on the lower floor verandah
- 2 large verandahs with sun loungers to enjoy the uninterrupted Caldera view
- Transfers to and from the port or airport
- Porter to assist with luggage
- Daily refresh housekeeping service of 2 hours
- Welcome hamper
- One stick shift, 5 seat car rental (third party insurance & unlimited kilometers included)
- Mobile telephone
- Satellite television / DVD player
- Free standing Ventilators / Freestanding Heaters